Oakland Leaf cultivates community transformation through creative education for youth and families. Our goal is simple, give our students and their parents the resources they need to become agents of positive change in their community.
Our vision: Oakland Leaf emboldens youth and families to be creative leaders who actualize a more loving, just, and vibrant Oakland.
Our credo: Love is an action!
Founded in 2002 and serving over 1,200 students and their families annually, Oakland Leaf helps Oakland students achieve academic success and develop into thoughtful, creative citizens. Working with partners such as Oakland Unified School District (OUSD) and the City of
Oakland, we provide a series of free school-based programs and community services that give students and families with limited financial resources access to the tools they
need—not just to succeed, but to excel.
Oakland Leaf Programs Include:
Our After-School Programs Include:
- ASCEND Sunset Warriors After-School Program (K-8th Grade)
- Bret Harte After-School Program (6th-8th Grade)
- Encompass After-School Scholars After-School Program (K-5th Grade)
- International Community School and Think College Now Community Artist, Scholars and Thinkers (K-5th Grade)
- Learning Without Limits Full Circle After-School Program (K-5th grade)